Saturday, October 4, 2008

What I learned at Best New Talent Contest

I competed in Best New Talent Contest in California in August. I had callbacks from 2 managers and from Hollywood and Columbia records. I won first place out of about 700 kids in comedic monologue and placed in top 10 in contemporary singing. I attended seminar classes and bought some books. For acting I was told would need to get a DVD recorded of me doing different acting scenes. Also, I needed to consider moving to California if even for a period of time. For singing I was told to get a myspace and youtube page, record some cover songs to go on the page, and then work to find some original music to record (best if can write your own). Sing every chance I got and hand out cards with my web sites. Key is to develop a following. Also, for both stay in training. Watch future blogs for details of how I'm following advice I heard in California.

No comments: