Monday, October 6, 2008

Following Advice

Since the Best New Talent Contest this is what I've done to follow the advice I was given. I went to West Side Recording Studio and recorded 2 cover songs and a music video and got them posted on my newly created myspace page (www.myspace.com/theofficialseanhardin) and my youtube page www.youtube.com/seanghardi. It took some time to get my pages up. That was one good thing about Hurricane Ike - since I didn't have school I had some time to work on my pages. I loaded pictures from shows I'd been in and videos. A lot of what I've done we have not been allowed to video due to union rules or the arena like the Aeros don't allow videos. I also am trying to keep my schedule posted and still working to get more to join as my friend and subcribe to my videos. If you're reading this blog, I'm inviting you to become one of my friends/subscribers.

I worked with a graphic art designer to design some business cards that I thought represented what I like. I'm still getting down feeling comfortable handing them out.

I went to an acting coach to pick out 2 commercials and a movie scene and then learned and rehearsed them with her. Last week she made a DVD of me performing the commericals, movie, plus 2 monologues. I had professional copies made of the DVD with chapters and good label. My mom mailed the DVD with letter, resume and headshots to one of the the managers interested in me. Now just waiting to hear back.

I still need to work on building a following and getting some original music written and recorded. They also advised to sing every chance you get. Other than theater, opera and symphony, I'll be singing at Houston Aeros game 10/18 and at a fundraiser in December.

It takes a lot of time to work on your career plus get school work done.

No comments: