Friday, August 28, 2009

Interviews About Playing a Character with MD and Meeting an MD Survivor

In the musical 13 I'm playing a boy who has MD. I've been doing some research about MD to make my character more realistic. I even met a finalist at The All Star Planet gala who sang for MD because she was recently diagnosed with it. She's living with a disability and has such a great attitude. She sang I Will Survive. I've gotten to do two interviews this week (one with the Houston Chronicle and the other with Houston Family Magazine) to promote 13 and talk about playing a character with MD. I've been excited to share with them Sybil's story. Sybil is the real star and my prayers are with her as she leaves the glamor of LA to have surgery because of her MD. Sybil I'm giving you a standing ovation and asking anyone reading to consider donating to the Jerry Lewis Telethon Labor Day Weekend.

No comments: