Wednesday, September 29, 2010

What's Been Happening Since Tommy

After Tommy I went straight into rehearsals at Fort Bend Theatre for Robin Hood. The other actors have had 2 weekends of shows but my opening is this Friday as Robin Hood with only a few rehearsals.

Last weekend was contest weekend. I sang at Massa's Italian Restaurant Saturday night for the Italian Festival. Thanks to how nice everyone was and to the judges for giving their time. I moved forward in the top 3 in the 13 to 18 age group after singing Nella Fantasia. Now I'm trying to find another Italian song for the finals on Oct. 17. I also played piano and sang in a contest Sunday in The Heights. I got honorarable mention so got to play again that night for the recital. I learned there are some really talented piano players out there.

I also auditioned for a workshop at Stages Theatre for a potential new musical. I got the part so will write more about that in October. The workshop reading is October 25. I filmed a movie audition, auditioned and made show choir at school, and am preparing for an audition at the opera next week. Not to mention all the homework I've done.

No comments: