Sunday, February 22, 2009

When the Music Won't Play

Today I sang two numbers at a showcase that my vocal teacher had. There were some invited guests there but mainly parents and friends of other performers. First song no problems. Then it was intermission and in second act my CD would not play for the song I had arranged. My mom even had a back up and it would not play. It had played at the voice teachers Thursday, at home last night while rehearsing and in my dad's car today on the way to perform. I ended up having to sing the song acapella. I pulled it off but it was not the performance I had envisioned. The crowd was very nice to me which I am thankful. Also, my grandparents and uncle were there to see me sing for the first time. The positive is they could really hear my voice since there was no music. Thanks Nana, Pops and Neal for coming all the way from Alabama.

No comments: